Monday, May 18, 2009

5 minute monday makeover 2-garden plans

Accountability time! To report on last weeks 5 minute Monday makeover my five minute daily shower escapade was fairly successful. Monday I found myself surprisingly excited about this simple change and had my outfit for the day ready to go. Feeling particularly commited to earth awareness I wore my favorite green striped shirt, all day it reminded me of my little change and the effect small things can make. I felt like a regular Captain America (if you must know.) Day two I admit I didn't hear my alarm so I started out a bit behind schedule and well, didn't ever get around to any form of shower...hey, get off my back, I am a mother of four, you know you've been there...:) Then a revelation occurred to me. By not taking that shower I was saving the earth even more...yes the guy who pumped my Gas at Chevron probably wondered why the gas he was pumping into my tank smelled a little on the salty side-hopefully he just thought he was getting a wiff of a coastal breeze and not the lovely lady at the steering wheel. I have come to terms with that odor in a vigilante sort of way-embracing Captain America (visualize cape wafting in the same coastal breeze) was a step in the right direction-By example leading I felt empowered to tell others about the goals I was setting and the strides I am making to enjoy life more naturally and not at the risk of the world around me. Life was meant to be natural, why not live it natrually, or el natural as I liked to think this day. Day three I brushed my teeth in the shower and ended up taking about 6 minutes time. Day four I made excuses and threw my Captain America green t-shirt in the mental trash can and used up my five minute credit from the day of no shower and took a satrisfying 10 minute shower. The rest of the week were uneventful and efficient 5 minute check offs. It wasn't so bad.
This weeks new 5 minute Monday makeover is to plant my garden. Benefits abound when it comes to growing your own food. It almost always saves you money, nutritional value of homegrown vegetables is superior and I love the family spirit that grows when we work together to plant, till the soil, get dirt in the nails and somehow consider miracles in a new way. I'll keep you posted on the choices we make. Anyone else planting a garden this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment