Monday, July 13, 2009

Nature Walk each day 5 minute monday makeover


5 minute Monday Makeover
I'm back! Today my goal of the week is to take more little moments with my children. We took a nature walk around the neighborhood to find beauty in the little details. Each day this week we plan to take a nature walk. It's a great time for me to observe their discoveries while making my own along the way. Although I live in urban Portland it's still possible to live in a way that appreciates nature. Growing up I lived in a rural, Alaskan town where my backyard was woods, a creek nearby and endless unforaged trails. We all thrive on that sense of dicovery and independance. I miss that freedom for my children but they constantly amaze me at their creative ways of still acheiving their own sense of self-sufficiency and creativity. That's what I think of when I see a dandelion. They grow everywhere, in cities, in the country, pushing up concrete in a parking lot they are there. Just like all of us, planted in our various surroundings, dandelions remind us we can thrive naturally despite the odds. This masterpiece is one my daughter Carolina did. It was her response to our nature walk painted with Stockmar watercolours.

No comments:

Post a Comment